The run of the 6th of January was my 49th training run, the last run of the 15th week! (Week 15: Dec. 29th-Jan. 6th)
49 runs in, 15 weeks down, 10 weeks to go and I’ll be running the Saturday Rock N’ Roll Marathon in Washington, DC.
Week 15 Statistics!
- 8:55 /mile
- 6.51 miles
Notable week 15 information:
- We ran 12 miles on Sunday…technically it was the the first run of week 16, but we really just pushed our Saturday run to Sunday…bygones. We took the W&OD trail for the first time, which is a trail in Virginia nestled in the right of way of the former W&OD railroad tracks. It’s straight and level, and goes on for MILES.
- The run was good, and I wasn’t having any problems at all, until around mile 10. At this point, my leg was starting to dully ache, and my knee was as well. Plus, you could see down the trail for miles, and I could see the overpass that marked the ending of our route. It was torture to see it so far away, and never feeling like it got any closer. Those last miles were like standing and intently watching a pot boiling when you’re starving.
- Along the trail, EVILLY, there is a restaurant called Carolina Brother’s Pit Barbeque. I’ve never wanted barbeque so badly as I did when passing this joint. I’ve put it to Chris, I’d like to park next to the place next time, and start on the trial FROM there, so we can end there and pig out (no pork puns intended). Plus, next week it’ll be 14 miles, which means we’ll complete, for the first time, a half marathon! Well, more than half actually, half is 13.1, but whatever.
- My wonderful wife had cooked a delicious fish for lunch, and it was served with a salad and some gluten free pierogies, and it was all delicious.
- I had the power gel for the big run, and it was OK. Much more liquid than the last, but still mostly shitty. Chris had these gummy things with gel inside, much better and easier to eat. I’m going to have to get a pack I think.
- As has been my usual, while running I was listening to the Lord of the Rings, unabridged, on my iPhone. The fellowship of the rings is deep in Moria, and the drums have been sounded. They’re surrounded, and the words written by Ori in Balin’s book are looking doubly grim.